You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SUNY DOWNSTATE DPT CLASS OF 2020
Started by kingofqueensDPT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm updating my application with them got A in physics
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just spoke with them. Hope I hear back
you had a interview?I just spoke with them. Hope I hear back
Through email
Just heard from Downstate for an interview. Anyone else?
i received an email today saying they sent my app to the committee.. how did they contact you email or phone?
Phone, then e-mail confirmationi received an email today saying they sent my app to the committee.. how did they contact you email or phone?
C
Congrats!!!! When are you interviewing? Can you share your stats?Phone, then e-mail confirmation
C
Congrats!!!! When are you interviewing? Can you share your stats?
3.41 cumulative, 3.52 pre-req, 3.38 science (based on the Downstnate Excel Grid)
310 GRE
50 hours of inpatient
when is your interview?3.41 cumulative, 3.52 pre-req, 3.38 science (based on the Downstnate Excel Grid)
310 GRE
50 hours of inpatient
when is your interview?
1/12
Thanks and good luck! please if you find out about how many spots are left in the program let us know.1/12
I believe I am one of the earlier interviews and they haven't sent out any decisions yet.Thanks and good luck! please if you find out about how many spots are left in the program let us know.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no, did you have an interview and how was that
Congratulations!!!!!!Has anyone heard back from Downstate for a decision yet? I was offered a spot starting this summer and would like to know any potential classmates
Had an interview, was e-mailed my decision the following week. I think the interview went quite well, had a great conversation with the interviewer.no, did you have an interview and how was that
There was a written portion in the interview before the actual face-to-face meeting where I had to complete an essay along with several other short answer questions.
I got asked 3 questions during the face-to-face:
Which were what words would best describe you in terms of being a PT?
What patients made the most impact on you?
What type of research are you into?
Why PT?
The whole session lasted about 1 hour and 3o minutes.
Best of luck and hope to hear from other applicants!
I have an interview Monday..what was the written portion like
Large essay portion: Describe a conflict you have had with a professor and how it was resolved. They gave us a page to write this part.
There were several short answer questions after that but I forgot what they were, sorry. (I do know that most of them were yes/no questions though)
Thanks means a lotLarge essay portion: Describe a conflict you have had with a professor and how it was resolved. They gave us a page to write this part.
There were several short answer questions after that but I forgot what they were, sorry. (I do know that most of them were yes/no questions though)
It's a very casual interview. Don't be nervous and show confidence in your answer. You're not a robot. Just answer like how you would to a peer 🙂Thanks means a lot
Took about 8 days for me. My friend who got in the program last year was notified in March, when he interviewed in early Feb.How long after the interview did it take to receive a decision for everyone??
Congrats! Can you share your stats? Good luck.Just accepted a spot on the waitlist. Does anyone know how their waitlist works like how many are on the list and if it is ranked or not??
Thanks! Can you post/share your stats?It's a very casual interview. Don't be nervous and show confidence in your answer. You're not a robot. Just answer like how you would to a peer 🙂
University: Drew UniversityCongrats! Can you share your stats? Good luck.
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.4 depending on program
GRE: Q156 V147 W3
Extracurricular: 4 year collegiate athlete (baseball), Habitat for Humanity
Certificates: CPR & AED certified
Observation Hours: 99 inpatient- acute rehab, cardiac ICU; 1500+ out patient orthopedic physical therapy (2 settings)
Thanks! Can you post/share your stats?
Major: Exercise Science
Cumulative: 3.3
Pre-Req (based on Downstate grid): 3.5
GRE: 159 Q 151 V 4 W
Extracurricular: Gross anatomy lab TA
Observation Hours: 50 inpatient
NOTE: I honestly think my application was mediocre with the exception of taking Neuroscience, neuroanatomy, exercise physiology, and biomechanic and getting decent grades in those classes as well as interview which really made them gave me a fast decision. Not trying to brag but I feel like the interview was definitely the reason why I was accepted into Downstate, as opposed to my mediocre application stats.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad