suny downstate interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunface

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, are any of you OOS who interviewed at Suny Downstate? If so, where did you stay for the night before your interview? I don't think the school makes any arrangements with local hotels/inns.
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I would call the admissions office and ask for recommendations.

Hi, are any of you OOS who interviewed at Suny Downstate? If so, where did you stay for the night before your interview? I don't think the school makes any arrangements with local hotels/inns.
Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind my asking what are your stats? Please pm me if not for a public forum. Thanks.

I'm a Brooklynite, and obviously I would've stayed home. But getting in touch with the school may be a good idea. They may have some rates negotiated for the imterviewees with some hotels in the area. Though I'd recommend something in the City (Manhattan). You know, at this time o the year it will be criminal not to visit the center of the Big Apple. If not Manhattan then downtown Brooklyn would be my choice. It's still a bit of a travel to the Downstate but with mass transit it's no more than 20 minutes.

Best o Luck. Hope you'll get in :D

Members don't see this ad :)
My mom works at SUNY downstate (P.A in cardiology, going to med school in January lol)...she commutes by bus.

Do you want me to ask her if she'd be willing to allow a stay over?

I'm TOTALLY jumping the gun on the offer but it would make your life easier if my mom allows it.

Just know that the school is in a ghetto place.

Omisha Pascal-- 718-270-1463
Housing Host Contact Person

Call them to set up housing. Then, they will contact you to confirm details. I think the rate is $26/night for double occupancy and $50/night for single. I didn't end up using it.

I stayed in Park Slope in Brooklyn at the Holiday Express. I bid about $100 on priceline and I got it. Nice area, but you'd need to take a cab/subway to the school.

how does suny downstate notify you of interview invites?

I received an e-mail.