suny downstate, liu, hunter dpt programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blukut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, prospective dpt student here. I'm a california transplant looking to change careers in mid-30's. After looking at college websites and the forums here (super helpful btw), I saw that there were no replies in the threads asking about these colleges.

If anyone has gone to these schools, would you mind sharing your experience and thougts on the quality of the curriculum, staff and clinicals?

Many thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, prospective dpt student here. I'm a california transplant looking to change careers in mid-30's. After looking at college websites and the forums here (super helpful btw), I saw that there were no replies in the threads asking about these colleges.

If anyone has gone to these schools, would you mind sharing your experience and thougts on the quality of the curriculum, staff and clinicals?

Many thanks,

I interviewed at Hunter and was accepted. The curriculum looks solid and the faculty have a ton of experience. As far as clinical sites, they have a lot to choose from since it is in NYC after all. The tuition is very affordable at Hunter, so they get a lot of applicants. I love NYC, but ultimately, I decided to stay closer to home. Also, they only offer gross anatomy in one summer session, which turned me off. I want more time with anatomy and feel like I will learn it and retain it better if it is spread out across a whole year of study.

I am not familiar with the other schools.