SUNY interview advice, PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NatashaColorado

NatashaColorado
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am invited for an interview at SUNY soon (for Fall, 2010 admission), which is very exciting! But I have heard that it's challenging and stressful comparing to other schools... Can anyone, who experienced it, tell me what makes it challenging? What should I expect?
I would like to know more about SUNY from a student point of view. I have heard that there are research opportunities (what kind? for whom?), and there is Lasik clinic in the school (wow! what can optometry students do there?), and SUNY has a high percentage of students passing the Board Exam (what is it?). Please, tell me about SUNY... it might be home away from home for the next 4 years, and I want to know what I am getting into to...
I love New York, by the way. I used to live there, 98-01, before moving to Denver, CO.
 
http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=375

In case you haven't seen it, that should help a little for the interview preparation.
It is more difficult because the interview is in a panel, so the questions come at you at a faster pace. They also tend to have the most questions about current news/being updated with current events, which is why preparation is important so you don't stumble.
Good luck and congrats on the early interview (very good sign)!
 
SUNY has a tough program, but you can definitely get through it if you put the time/effort in. When I say tough, I mean studying every day, with maybe taking a night or two off each week when you don't have exams coming up. I don't know the difficulties of other schools, but I don't think SUNY could be much harder realistically...or could it? They just changed the curriculum and are revising it again, so you're in a good position to start at SUNY.