SUNY interview options

Started by browneyed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

browneyed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys think of the option to do the SUNY interview in state (ie California) when Dr. Johnston is around? I heard it is more comfortable and less intimidating with the one-on-one. I would of course still want to visit SUNY though later on.
 
I just called SUNY and asked about Dr. Johnston and the lady said that all interviews are held on campus this year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think only one person or maybe even two on this forum did this and it was because he was attending that schools Pre-Optometry club or something i believe (feel free to correct me if im wrong) or perhaps he was at a conference and a student kept in touch with him.

I doubt this is something that happens often though. usually if he is not there, other people are doing the same type of interviewing.