Oct 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
Hi!
I'm a bit late into the cycle but gratefully got an offer to interview for SUNY, my top choice! However, the earliest interview date is in the 2nd week of December, so I am super nervous due to being late and fearing that the process is probably way more competitive now.
I think I got offered an interview mainly from my many experiences in the field and clubs tbh because my GPA and OAT could be better, 3.5, and 320...my science sections were okay but I did pretty poorly in RC and physics so I am very worried if they bring that up because they do say they prefer 320s in all sections...

To anyone that already interviewed, did SUNY ask about grades/scores? How competitive do you think SUNY will be by December? Was anyone put on hold to retake an OAT (if so, what were your scores)? And had anyone from previous years apply during this time?

If anyone can share their experience and stats and offer any advice, it would be much appreciated!!

I hope everyone gets into where they find is the best :)

Nov 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
Hey I got accepted into SUNY and the interview was laid back and not at all stressful. They just want to get to know you as a person and make sure you're a good fit for the program. Just look over your application and be able to talk about any experience etc. All the best!!

Reactions: artmaster
OP
A
Oct 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
Hey I got accepted into SUNY and the interview was laid back and not at all stressful. They just want to get to know you as a person and make sure you're a good fit for the program. Just look over your application and be able to talk about any experience etc. All the best!!
Congrats! When did you interview and when did you hear about getting accepted? Did you have any low scores that they questioned? I've heard they are laid back, but now that I'm late into the cycle, I am just scared they will question my RC.

About the Ads