SUNY interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ching88

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

First, I must say this is a great site. Almost all the questions a typical student would ask has been answered, and I have learned a lot. I recently submitted my application to 2 schools: UCBCO and SUNY, and received an interview invitation to SUNY.

I would be glad if anyone can tell me how the interview process at SUNY is like. Also if anyone can provide me the number of people who get interviewed at SUNY vs the number of people who get it.

Thank you everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you r_salis for your reply, and thank you for the wonderful description of SNUY interview process. Now I know what to expect and I hope I won’t be too nervous at the interview, even through I know I still will.

Dr4eyes said:
did you find out that day that you got in or did it take a couple of weeks??
I didn't have my OAT when I interviewed, so they did not make a decision until my scores came in a few weeks later. I'm not sure whether decisions are ever made "on the spot" on the day of the interview.

ching88 said:
Thank you r_salis for your reply, and thank you for the wonderful description of SNUY interview process. Now I know what to expect and I hope I won’t be too nervous at the interview, even through I know I still will.
You're welcome! :) If you have any more questions about the interview or SUNY in general, PM me.

Let us know how the interview goes! Good luck. :luck:

Thank you for being so helpful, I will keep you updated!!

r_salis said:
I didn't have my OAT when I interviewed, so they did not make a decision until my scores came in a few weeks later. I'm not sure whether decisions are ever made "on the spot" on the day of the interview.

i think at least some are. when i interviewed last summer, i interviewed with a lady and she recieved her acceptance on the spot (at the end of the tour). she did however have all of thier prereqs done, oat scores in, and letters of recs done.