SUNY interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheZoosh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know i know this thread is soo redundant but my interview is coming up and i just wanna ask those ppl who havent yet posted on previous threads about their interview at suny please use this as an opportunity to helpa fellow pre-optometry student struggling to get accepted!! does anyone have any new tips or suggestions about tackling the suny interview? was anyone hit with questions out of the blue that havent been discuseed yet on sdn? please help.. i loveu all!!

Members don't see this ad.

hi..don't worry.Just review ur application and ur personal statement and just know everything in them//
The questions they ask me are:
-what did I experience or learned from my shadowing in the two offices and what is the difference between them?
-What are the different types of field in Optometry and which one do u think you wanna be and Why?
-Tell me about urself?
-If there is one thing you wanna change about urself,what is it?
-Why did you vlunteer in the hospital?
-Why Optometry?
-How many schools did you apply to?

They are not that difficult.Just don't be nervous and be urself...:)
Good luck...

nope! no big surprises. i made sure to go over the Qs people listed specifically for SUNY. make sure to read up on politics if you don't know anything. they were all super nice. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys... for those of u who interviews alrady, how long after the interview until u hear about a final decision? i really hope i get accepted and i hate suspense!!

i was accepted on the spot. i haven't heard of them doing that for others, but i'm thinking that they'll be pretty speedy about acceptances based on my experience.

Well,for me I'm still waiting...

hi..don't worry.Just review ur application and ur personal statement and just know everything in them//
The questions they ask me are:
-what did I experience or learned from my shadowing in the two offices and what is the difference between them?
-What are the different types of field in Optometry and which one do u think you wanna be and Why?
-Tell me about urself?
-If there is one thing you wanna change about urself,what is it?
-Why did you vlunteer in the hospital?
-Why Optometry?
-How many schools did you apply to?

They are not that difficult.Just don't be nervous and be urself...:)
Good luck...

Did you have an onsite essay to write?

Well,for me I'm still waiting...

omg thats so annoying.. when did u interview? and how did u feel about the interview afterwards, happy with ur performance?