Suny optometry admission qs

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Millyyyyy

Reaction score
Hello my goal is to get accepted into suny optometry hopefully next year and i know its an extremely competitive and a difficult school to get into. Does the undergraduate school u went to matters to them alot?? Cuz ive heard they mainly accept students from private or ivy leagues schools and not so much from average cunys such as New york city college of technology (NYCCT) which is where i attend and that is really worrying me because im not getting my BA either (thats another story) which is a minus too. Im getting my associates in liberal arts and sciences next year parallel to taking pre requsites required for suny, ive never gotten any C's, however i did withdrawed from the dental program in my school (which is pretty competitive to get into) so i have a W on my transcript :( , i always mainted my GPA above 3.4, currently 3.6 and ima get it higher. I have taken many science classes as electives, im currently shadowing an optometrist, i have worked in the medical office over 3 years so im very comfortable being in that atmosphere, im in an honors society in my school, and im planning to finish school with a very good gpa and im going to destroyy that OAT ill pray . im definitely going to make my application stronger as time progresses. So as if for now what r my chances of getting accepted? On what areas should i focus on more to make me a better candidate? i know this is a HUGE ESSAY but i would appreciate if someone can give me some opinions and suggestions:) thank you so muchhh!!

Sent from my LG-US996 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.