SUNY...rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed at SUNY and got a response... only I'm a little confused. The letter says that the committee is unable to make a commitment to my file at this time, but that the file will still be reviewed periodically. Should I consider this a rejection? or is my file just on hold?

Members don't see this ad.

If they wanted to reject you, they wouldn't be shy about it. IMO, you should hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Same thing happened to me They didn't have my letters though. Dr. Johnston emailed me and told me they were waiting for them before they could act on the application. Do you have all your stuff in?

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know everything is in. When did you interview, and when did you get this confusing response?

I have the same response from them few days ago. Did you hear from them from that time you've got the response? What do you think is the chance to get in when you on hold?

Ok, update. I did not have my LOR in and did not get it in until the week before Thanksgiving. I got a letter in the mail yesterday granting me acceptance to the program. From my understanding, the fact I didn't have the LOR was the biggest problem.

Congratulations!!!!! LOR you mean letters of recommendation? I have everything but the problem is that I have one more year to graduate from college. On interview they said me to send my transcript for this semester. Do I have to write them and ask what I suppose to do? My GPA is 3.7, my OAT scores are not that good 350 TS 340 AA. It seems like they like me on interview. Do you think I have chance to get in if not this year maybe next year?

Congratulations!!!!! LOR you mean letters of recommendation? I have everything but the problem is that I have one more year to graduate from college. On interview they said me to send my transcript for this semester. Do I have to write them and ask what I suppose to do? My GPA is 3.7, my OAT scores are not that good 350 TS 340 AA. It seems like they like me on interview. Do you think I have chance to get in if not this year maybe next year?

I would send it to them and then send Dr. Johnston an email after a week or so alerting him about it. I think you have a good chance. Just get your materials in! Good luck!

"My OAT scores are not that good, 350 TS 340 AA. "

Those are not good scores?

I spoke with admissions at SUNY regarding my "on-hold" status. The woman just said that they wanted to review my file again, and that I should expect a response early in the new year. They have all of my information (LOR, transcripts etc.) I know it's not a rejection, but I'm just going to consider it as one for the time being and hope that things change!