SUNY response time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KillaGorilla

adept
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for those with knowledge of, or interviews at buffalo or stony.

Sooo I havnt heard from either of these schools yet and I keep telling myself that based on past experiences I should not panic yet bc SUNYs are just slow. Is this the case, or should I take a hint and lower my expectations. I do have a later mailing date at 9/9, but the other schools I applied to got back to me a while ago (NYU, UMDNJ and columbia). Buffalo emailed they would send a response in 3-4 weeks (never happened) and I have not heard a thing from stony.

For anyone waiting for longer than me pls don't flame , I'm just trying to find out whats going on.

:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

When did you send out ur apps to NYU and UMDNJ? I got them out at somewhere around September 20th and haven't heard back yet.

mail out 9/2 complete w/ DAT 9/9
heard from NYU on 9/21
"" UMDNJ 9/23

Members don't see this ad :)
mail out 9/2 complete w/ DAT 9/9
heard from NYU on 9/21
"" UMDNJ 9/23

hey man well I got a Buffalo invite about 5 weeks or so after completion. I did not hear from Stony. But then again I didnt hear from UMDNJ either. I think it depends on your application, maybe some schools find you as an appealing candidate while others might not? I dont know what else it could be. I will call UMDNJ next week to do a "status check."

Do you know if they gave away all pre-dec interviews?

hey man well I got a Buffalo invite about 5 weeks or so after completion. I did not hear from Stony. But then again I didnt hear from UMDNJ either. I think it depends on your application, maybe some schools find you as an appealing candidate while others might not? I dont know what else it could be. I will call UMDNJ next week to do a "status check."

Do you know if they gave away all pre-dec interviews?

I cant say for sure. I'm thinking they are out based on when they scheduled me, and looking at predents.

I cant say for sure. I'm thinking they are out based on when they scheduled me, and looking at predents.

ye man that sucks! im gonna call em n see whats up! i know buffalo is def out of pre dec (unless someone cancelled) i remember that when I called them, like first week of october, they only had 1 nov date left.

This is for those with knowledge of, or interviews at buffalo or stony.

Sooo I havnt heard from either of these schools yet and I keep telling myself that based on past experiences I should not panic yet bc SUNYs are just slow. Is this the case, or should I take a hint and lower my expectations. I do have a later mailing date at 9/9, but the other schools I applied to got back to me a while ago (NYU, UMDNJ and columbia). Buffalo emailed they would send a response in 3-4 weeks (never happened) and I have not heard a thing from stony.

For anyone waiting for longer than me pls don't flame , I'm just trying to find out whats going on.

:xf:

My mail out date was 9/9 and it took forever for Buffalo to tell me that my application can be reviewed (not until 10/19). They say it takes 3-4 weeks, but what happens at the end? Is it either interview invitation or rejection?

BUFFALO!!!!!! :soexcited::clap:
Sent the email today while I was at work interview Jan 5th. First state school to reply back which is awesome because, you know C.R.E.A.M. (for those to young http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZRAvsZf1g )
Cmon stony:xf:

Congrats gorilla! i know uve been waiting! now please tell UMDNJ to hurry up already. they have yet to contact me and i want to see them face to face lol