SUNY Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EarDoc6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted to SUNY Stony Brook's post-bacc pre-health program!!! :D

Anyone else out there starting in Spring 2010??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have been accepted as well, still deciding which program to attend cause I applied to a few. are you from the area? have you heard anything about this program not much info on iit.

I am from Nassau County on Long Island. The program is rather new, however, SUNY Stony Brook has a well-known reputation. They also offer linkage with their medical school. The hospital is right on campus so it is convenient for doing any shadowing or volunteer work. I applied to one other school, and was accepted, but I think I am going to choose SUNY Stony Brook.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to Spring 2010 as well. It is true that SBU has a great reputation as a science-focused school. The Post-Bacc program is new, and from what I have heard is becoming increasingly popular. However, as a new program it seems to me that both support and structure are fairly informal.

The linkage option is always nice, but I would prefer if there were a few other options as well. For example, a number of NY area Post-Baccs offer linkage to SBU, but as of now, it is not the other way around.

I am definitely looking forward to the first semester, see you on campus.

glad to hear from a couple people that are planning on enrolling. I am coming up from jersey looking to find a place to stay in a couple of weeks. had anyone heard anything regarding orientation or has directly spoken with anyone in the post-bac department. we should get to know each other when the programs starts a little before that.

I am thinking of applying because need to increase my gpa a little bit and increase my Ecs though I am seeing if I can finsih it in one year because I have taken those classes already... or maybe do an informal post-bacc

Thecount, I agree with you regarding the linkage option. Since they only choose 5 students, the likelihood of me getting chosen seems slim to none. I spoke with the post-bacc advisor yesterday and she said that she will be calling everyone on Friday and then we will get our information packet.

to those who got accepted:
how long did it take for them to notify you about your acceptance?

It took 3 weeks... did you apply for the Spring?

Hi. I have also been accepted to the post-bacc program. I would like to connect with you all as well :)

what were the gpa's are people accepted to this program. 3.65 ok?

I have a 3.74 cumulative undergraduate GPA but a 3.65 sounds like it would definitely be sufficient enough - I'm not sure what the average is

I have a 3.5, major in finance and econ, and good work experience. you need a few things to be accepted good gpa but also quality of classes how tough what level and how you took them meaning course load. If you have around a 3.3 gpa with challenging course work and load you should be good for consideration.