SUNY tuition HIKE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSuga

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just read a post on the allopathic forum about an $8,000 tuition hike at all SUNY med schools over the next four years ($2,000/year, starting with this year). this means that for NYS residents, attending a state school really won't be much cheaper than a private school....anyone else hear about this??

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard, but is this for real? If so, it sucks! I thought the "state school" idea was so you'd have to pay less!! Hopefully it won't go through! --Trek

I heard about the increase in tuition at SUNY at Stony Brook. The 1st year students are especially pissed off because they were given the impression that there wasnt going to be any increase in their tuition ( I am not sure about the numbers but I remember it being significant). Hmm that suxs especially for those who choose Suny stony brook over others on the tuition Factor.

Dont depend on them to preach out this Fact.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard about the increase in tuition at SUNY at Stony Brook. The 1st year students are especially pissed off because they were given the impression that there wasnt going to be any increase in their tuition ( I am not sure about the numbers but I remember it being significant). Hmm that suxs especially for those who choose Suny stony brook over others on the tuition Factor.

Dont depend on them (the SUNY Schools) to preach out this Fact.

As far as I know, the tuition hike is for all SUNY schools. I know it's true for Downstate as well.

All SUNY schools had a roughly $2000 hike this year and it seems like they're going to continue to up it for the next few years. I think that's crazy. A state school is supposed to be inexpensive. Also, I'm not sure how much financial aid the institutions give. Does anybody know if they're good about fin. aid. This will definately be factored into my decision.