SUNY Tuition Increase

Started by nvega13
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nvega13

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the SUNY tuition increase ($2000 more per yr) apply to all students are only new ones? I don't think it is fair to change someone's tuition half-way through their education!
 
nvega13 said:
I don't think it is fair to change someone's tuition half-way through their education!

come to california and see the UC's empty thier student's wallets every year!

i have to pay a fee each year as "seismic fee" for our student union!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
$2000 isn't too bad.

I've seen my tuition increase about 50% since I started here. I remember my tuition in first year being around $7,000 and now it's closer to $15,000. =O
 
nvega13 said:
Does the SUNY tuition increase ($2000 more per yr) apply to all students are only new ones? I don't think it is fair to change someone's tuition half-way through their education!
Where did you hear about this? I was recently in a meeting with the President of the College who told us that the Board of Regents decided that tuition would not be increased for next year.
 
My third year our tuition went up 30% between fall and spring semesters... with no change in our student loan budget. I was farkin' POOR spring semester. I had to take out extra emergency loans.
 
Rosanna said:
$2000 isn't too bad.

I've seen my tuition increase about 50% since I started here. I remember my tuition in first year being around $7,000 and now it's closer to $15,000. =O


Really, 15k/yr for Berkeley?
 
stompy said:
Really, 15k/yr for Berkeley? I feel all better now.

I stand corrected. I got my financial aid summary a few days ago and my “estimated” tuition is actually $19,995. Oh yeah, the school did give out awards of $3,250 for the fourth year students.. it doesn't help too much. 🙄
 
Rosanna said:
I stand corrected. I got my financial aid summary a few days ago and my “estimated” tuition is actually $19,995. Oh yeah, the school did give out awards of $3,250 for the fourth year students.. it doesn't help too much. 🙄

SWEET, I feel even better than when I said I felt better.