SUNY Upstate Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Harry Truman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my first interview invitation!!! My interview is this week at SUNY Upstate. Talk about having lack of advanced notice!! I received a call on Thursday inviting me to go for an interview in less than a week. NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!! I'm so there!! My committee letter just got sent out a little over a week ago, and I've already got an interview!! This is so awesome, but I'm so nervous.

Does anyone have any info on the structure of the interviews there? How long are they? How many are there? Is it a stress interview?

:D :p :cool: :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interview. The day consists of some waiting. They have you there at 8:30 for a 15 minute informal meeting with the Dean. Then you go to your first interview at 9:00, which lasts anywhere from 40 mins to an hour. Then you either have another interview at 10:30, before lunch (a sandwich, chips, banana and Grandma's cookies) or one at 1:30. After lunch comes a student-led tour of the school, library, lecture halls, et al. If you had a 10:30 interview, you're done. If not, you go at 1:30 and finish your last one. And keep in mind, it's damn cold.

My two interviews were very relaxed, but that may have been because I was. I've been getting the feeling that stressful interviews stem a lot from the stress of the interviewee. At many times, I could see how my interviews could have gone down a bad path. One girl in my group said her interview was very tough, but I think if you're confident and project this, you'll be fine.

Good luck,

Andrew