SUNY Upstate PDF help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnyNU82

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if there is a typeable version of the SUNY Usptate secondary out there?

how have people been submitting it? hand wrtitten? typewriter? other?

thanks for the help :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I don't know if there is a PDF version which you can type on the computer. However, I typed mine on a typewriter. Good luck!!! :luck:

JohnnyNU82 said:
does anyone know if there is a typeable version of the SUNY Usptate secondary out there?

how have people been submitting it? hand wrtitten? typewriter? other?

thanks for the help :)

I went to www.tucows.com and downloaded the shareware version of KAD/CAS PDF editor. It was a bit cumbersome to use, but I was able to enter text and print it out.

racerx

Members don't see this ad :)
i just wrote mine (and am actually redoing now b/c i called them this morning and they said they still don't have it...sent 7/25....and they said I should redo it)

speaking of that....should I cancel the check that I sent out when I find that my second check gets cashed?

racerx said:
I went to www.tucows.com and downloaded the shareware version of KAD/CAS PDF editor. It was a bit cumbersome to use, but I was able to enter text and print it out.

racerx

Thanks for the help...but how do you get rid of the giant "DEMOVERSION" text that is plastered over each page of the edited file. I don't think the Adcom would find that very appealing :(

C.P. Jones said:
i just wrote mine (and am actually redoing now b/c i called them this morning and they said they still don't have it...sent 7/25....and they said I should redo it)

speaking of that....should I cancel the check that I sent out when I find that my second check gets cashed?

I have an easily writable pdf for SUNY Upstate ;) I cannot attach it here coz file is too big, please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you need it.

Good Luck :thumbup:

JohnnyNU82 said:
Thanks for the help...but how do you get rid of the giant "DEMOVERSION" text that is plastered over each page of the edited file. I don't think the Adcom would find that very appealing :(

Hmmm.....I don't have that problem when I run my version. I'll see if I can figure out a work-around.

FYI, I filled Upstate out by hand and got an interview offer, so don't stress.

I'm currently wondering what airport to fly into...any airline recommendations?
thanks!

I also filled out by hand and offered an interview.

anystream said:
FYI, I filled Upstate out by hand and got an interview offer, so don't stress.

thanks!

i'm flying into syracuse international? it's really close to the school... booked through expedia... if you stay at the genessee hotel (i don't know if it's spelled correctly) they have a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and a shuttle from the hotel to the school, pretty nice.

I'm wondering when you guys are interviewing? I'll be there on Sept. 14th.

HessExpress said:
I'm wondering when you guys are interviewing? I'll be there on Sept. 14th.

I am interviewing on September 7th. I am not sure if I will stay at the Genesee Inn though. I have a web discount for a $54 room at an Extended Stay suites, and at this point, $30 is a big chunk (after secondaries and buying a suit) for me.

Good luck on your interview HE.

racerx

racerx said:
I am interviewing on September 7th. I am not sure if I will stay at the Genesee Inn though. I have a web discount for a $54 room at an Extended Stay suites, and at this point, $30 is a big chunk (after secondaries and buying a suit) for me.

Good luck on your interview HE.

racerx

Good luck racerx.

Members don't see this ad :)
rain1_rain1 said:
I have an easily writable pdf for SUNY Upstate ;) I cannot attach it here coz file is too big, please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you need it.

Good Luck :thumbup:

thanks for the offer, i finished it really quick after i posted...and then sent it priority and w/ confirmation....

does anyone know what i should do about my now 2 100 dollar checks floating around?

I think i'll wait for them to cash one, and just tell them to tell me they get the other one and rip it up...i believe it costs 30 dollars to cancel a check

For those with interviews, when did you guys complete the secondary and were notified for an interview?

Arb said:
For those with interviews, when did you guys complete the secondary and were notified for an interview?

i received a letter dated 8/2 stating my application was complete and i received my interview invite 8/4.

has anyone interviewing received the letter packet we're supposed to get yet???

racerx said:
Hey C.P. Jones, Nice avatar! Are you a fan of Schumaker?

Haha, thx, yes, i am a loyal fan!!! I just wish I got the speed channel...i've only seen one race this whole year! I hope you're a fan too! Go Ferrari!

My application was complete on 8/10. I received a phone call for the interview on 8/11.

airport- Syracuse
airline- whatever is cheapest/ most convenient

LT2 said:
i received a letter dated 8/2 stating my application was complete and i received my interview invite 8/4.

has anyone interviewing received the letter packet we're supposed to get yet???

Yes, I received it 8/9. However, don't fret too much, as I live in Western New York, and got it one day after it was postmarked. With you being in California, it should be there by (only my estimation) this coming Wednesday.

It contains the letter you have to sign and send back, a small brochure about the School and its facility upgrades, and a letter letting us know about the Genesee Inn giving a price break ($84 / night) for a room.

I found a room at extended stay suites for $54 ($43.99 after 20% promotional discount). I have stayed at extended Stays before, and was quite satisfied. If anyone wants to, this link ( www.extendedstayhotels.com/default.asp?id=GEM82&WT.mc_id=SummerPromoIV ) enters the code GEM82 for additional discounting.

I know LT2 is scheduled for 9/7. If anyone else is scheduled that day, I look forward to meeting you, and good luck!!!

racerx

C.P. Jones said:
Haha, thx, yes, i am a loyal fan!!! I just wish I got the speed channel...i've only seen one race this whole year! I hope you're a fan too! Go Ferrari!

M.S. is a machine! I love Ferrari so much, my race car is painted scuderia red!!! Though I am now done with racing (hence the "x" in racerx) and would've never hoped to be as fast as M.S.

Though his $24 million / year would be nice.

Any one knows the schedule of the day? I know that we need to be there at 8:30am but I am soooo afraid of getting lost. I am staying at the hotel that the school suggested but not sure if it is a good idea. Thanks.

C.P. Jones said:
thanks for the offer, i finished it really quick after i posted...and then sent it priority and w/ confirmation....

does anyone know what i should do about my now 2 100 dollar checks floating around?

I think i'll wait for them to cash one, and just tell them to tell me they get the other one and rip it up...i believe it costs 30 dollars to cancel a check

just as an update, i called today: they actually had the first one, the sec. was surprised someone told me to send a second one. they cashed check 1 today and are sending app number 2 and check (i hope) back