SUNY-Upstate-Summer Gross Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hanss

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an invitation from Upstate to attend the summer Gross Anatomy class. It will make my fall semester course load lighter but it starts on June 5th and lasts 2 months. I first need to decide if I am defintely attending Upstate, but even after that I am not sure whether I should do this. I don't want to burn out before the year's over, but then I want to lessen the potential 1st year "misery." By the way, I am a post-bac humanities major who have taken only the required science courses. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hanss,

Whats up and congrats on your acceptance!! You learn anatomy with about 15 other first years, and it does take a bit of the load off with regards to the Fall. However, the first year"misery" wasn't too horrid, and it is doable if you take it later... I took it in the Fall, and I found that Anatomy Lab helped me meet and get to know a good portion of my class, and prepare me for the workload in later semesters. Either path is fine, there are plenty of people in each. Email me if you have any more questions. [email protected]
See you in the Fall!!

Izzy

I have to agree with Izzy, it is enticing to be able to have Gross under your belt before the start of fall semester, but I've noticed that the students who choose this option tend to be somewhat distanced from the rest of the class. The anatomy experience fosters most of the initial bonding that occurs within the class. This oppurtunity, in my opinion, is much more important than having the light course load in the fall. Besides, it's your second to last summer off -- have fun! The regular semester is challenging but absolutely doable. Hope this helps. What's up IZZZZ? T