SUNY UPSTATE Transfer For MSIII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swifteagle43

Lover- not a fighter
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many seats are open? It says 4 on the website but I was quoted a different number by a student. Any comments?

Members don't see this ad.

I worked for a time at SUNY Upstate years back, but I'm not a student there. I would just call them up at admissions, usually they are pretty helpful about that, but I can't imagine it's more than a few spots. Are you an MSIII, and do you have a compelling reason to transfer (i.e. sick family member or something). Usually they only accept for extenuating circumstances

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked for a time at SUNY Upstate years back, but I'm not a student there. I would just call them up at admissions, usually they are pretty helpful about that, but I can't imagine it's more than a few spots. Are you an MSIII, and do you have a compelling reason to transfer (i.e. sick family member or something). Usually they only accept for extenuating circumstances

I am a 3rd year student who would be repeating. I am currently go to SGU. They have a total of 6 spots open. I do not know how many people applied.

You worked at the transfer office?

Their website says nothing of an extenuating circumstance and most people granted interviews (as far as I've heard) have normal Caribbean student reasons for transferring. Myself included.

You worked at the transfer office?

Their website says nothing of an extenuating circumstance and most people granted interviews (as far as I've heard) have normal Caribbean student reasons for transferring. Myself included.

Yeah ditto on that. And from what I heard they are looking for people with strong USMLE that want to match into competitive fields. We might have a troll on our hands :laugh::laugh: Aphtalyfe, there is a forum on ValueMD about this. Were you referring to it when you said you know of other Caribbean school kids that have applied?

Yeah ditto on that. And from what I heard they are looking for people with strong USMLE that want to match into competitive fields. We might have a troll on our hands :laugh::laugh: Aphtalyfe, there is a forum on ValueMD about this. Were you referring to it when you said you know of other Caribbean school kids that have applied?

Yea there is a thread on the AUC forum and the SGU forum about transferring this cycle.