SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HessExpress

Holy Macaroni
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone waiting to hear today?

Members don't see this ad.

hell yeah, I got the phone right here
somebody in the wall of fame thread already got a call, so they definitely are calling today

oh wow. Good to know. Got the phone right here as well.

cardsurgguy, when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call :)
I interviewed 9/7.
yay!

Just got the call. Good luck everybody.

See you all next year!

Congrats everyone!

Yikes :scared: , I had a dream about this, it didn't turn out so well!
Good luck everyone :D

Any Interviewees from Sept. 28 hear anything yet?????

Anyone already planning on taking summer anatomy?

just got the call! i was starting to get nervous, you all heard so early!

congrats everyone! :thumbup:

HessExpress said:

what's that? do you have to pay extra tuition? is it completely optional?

Congrats Matt, I'm interviewing there tom.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Mike...I just flipped through some of your posts to put 2+2 together - you're Mike from Le Moyne!

Good luck on your interview tommorrow.

sbristow said:
what's that? do you have to pay extra tuition? is it completely optional?

You don't have to pay extra tuition. It is completely optional.

Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted!

HessExpress said:

It's early to decide on that, but I took summer anatomy at Upstate this year and I am glad I did. You get to know some classmates early (the first class in the fall is not as conducive to getting to know your classmates as summer anatomy is because it's a small group and heavy on the lab). You get cool opportunities for electives during the time everyone else takes anatomy. You can pretty much do whatever you want (do electives for credit in a field you're interested in, shadow physicians, scrub into some cases in the OR, get to know the department you're interested in much earlier than students usually do). You also get the greatest advisor ever (one of the summer anatomy professors) who will help you do whatever you want to do. I'm glad that I took anatomy this summer, but I also had other reasons (alternative was probably a crappy full time job and I wanted to move up here early to be closer to my boyfriend). There's a lot to be said for being lazy all summer if that's an option for you, but if you were going to work anyway, I think anatomy's a great thing to do. (You can always take the 2.5 months in the fall off and be lazy if you want). I think everyone that took anatomy this summer was glad they did.

Darth Asclepius said:
Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted!

It's early to decide on that, but I took summer anatomy at Upstate this year and I am glad I did. You get to know some classmates early (the first class in the fall is not as conducive to getting to know your classmates as summer anatomy is because it's a small group and heavy on the lab). You get cool opportunities for electives during the time everyone else takes anatomy. You can pretty much do whatever you want (do electives for credit in a field you're interested in, shadow physicians, scrub into some cases in the OR, get to know the department you're interested in much earlier than students usually do). You also get the greatest advisor ever (one of the summer anatomy professors) who will help you do whatever you want to do. I'm glad that I took anatomy this summer, but I also had other reasons (alternative was probably a crappy full time job and I wanted to move up here early to be closer to my boyfriend). There's a lot to be said for being lazy all summer if that's an option for you, but if you were going to work anyway, I think anatomy's a great thing to do. (You can always take the 2.5 months in the fall off and be lazy if you want). I think everyone that took anatomy this summer was glad they did.

What's this summer anatomy. is this for the MS1.

newdude said:
What's this summer anatomy. is this for the MS1.

Yes. You take anatomy in the summer instead of in Nov-Jan. They'll send info on it to accepted students later on. I think they talk about it a bit at the interview and that's why they were asking. It's a smaller class (mine was just under 30 students with 2 professors) so that has it's advantages.

I got in, I got in, I got in :D :D :D

I received a call from SUNY Upstate tonight!! I'm in!! :D :D :D

Vintage_66 said:
I received a call from SUNY Upstate tonight!! I'm in!! :D :D :D

Congratulations !!!! Please tell me.....When did you interview???? I am still waiting to hear from them !

Medbound786 said:
Hey Moto;

Congrats !!! When did you Interview??

Oh sorry late reply, I was complete late July, got an invite two weeks into August and interviewed mid September. Good luck! I really love the fact that you can claim in-state after your first year :D :D :D :D and the summer anatomy class is a great way to lighten up your load during your first year.

I interview 9/28..and still haven't heard anything yet. Is this a bad sign?

I wouldn't worry too much. They told us on Tuesday at the interview that they were running behind and it could be four weeks before we hear anything. It also depends on how quickly your interviewers hand in their evaulations.

Bianca01 said:
I interview 9/28..and still haven't heard anything yet. Is this a bad sign?

Hey Bianca;

I interviewed on 9/28 as well and I haven't heard anything either. I am hoping its probably because they haven't reviewed our group yet.

I just interviewed there yesterday, 10/19 and they told me that they are currently seeing a 3 - 4 week wait. So if anything you guys should hear by the end of this month or latest early in november. Good luck!