• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

SUNY Upstate

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2005
  1. Medical Student
    I received a letter from SUNY Upstate notifying me that I am on HOLD. To me this is somewhat of a positive sign as I have a pretty damn low MCAT and they could of rejected me straight out with no hesitation. I am going to send out a packet to them with an update on two public health projects I am working on. Does anyone know what these HOLD letters mean? Is there a chance to get an acceptance? Thanks

RayhanS1282

perpetually percolated
    15+ Year Member
    Apr 8, 2004
    Sucking long and hard in New York
      USArmyDoc said:
      I received a letter from SUNY Upstate notifying me that I am on HOLD. To me this is somewhat of a positive sign as I have a pretty damn low MCAT and they could of rejected me straight out with no hesitation. I am going to send out a packet to them with an update on two public health projects I am working on. Does anyone know what these HOLD letters mean? Is there a chance to get an acceptance? Thanks

Hey, I am in the same boat as you and I spoke to an admissions director from Upstate regarding this. She said that it's a good idea to send in additional materials since applicants from hold are sometimes offered interviews. Good luck.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Mar 28, 2005
      1. Medical Student
        RayhanS1282 said:
        Hey, I am in the same boat as you and I spoke to an admissions director from Upstate regarding this. She said that it's a good idea to send in additional materials since applicants from hold are sometimes offered interviews. Good luck.

Just wrote my letter and told them about some pretty cool things I am taking part in. I'll PM you with some more details.

About the Ads

ndayev6

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Oct 14, 2005
        New York
        1. Pre-Medical
          I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but I was put on the high priority alternate list and I did not get off. The HP list hasn't gotten used too extensively the last two years. But you never know I guess. Good luck guys.

madonna

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Oct 9, 2005
          los angeles
          1. Medical Student
            USArmyDoc said:

is this pre or post interview? either way its not a rejection :)
            i haven't heard anything from them :(

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Mar 28, 2005
            1. Medical Student
              Pre-interview and to the other poster who was on the high priority list. I totally understand what you are saying. I am not expecting anything to come from it but if you knew me a little more and the stuff that was going on this is pretty surprising considering certain aspects of my app.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.