suny upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k_milele

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those familiar with the upstate clinical campuses (syracuse and binghamton), how does one go about choosing which campus to go to during the third and fourth year?
they give interviewees 2 weeks to send back a form with their preference, and i need to send it back soon. so any info would be great! thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i personally chose binghamton because of the continuity of care that you get with your patients there. in syracuse, you see many different patients (since it is a trauma hospital)

the generalization is binghamton=primary care; syracuse=any thing else

the director of admissions at upstate told us that generalization is not really that true- the only main difference in continuity of care

hope this helps :)

about the two week thing-

they won't send you an acceptance letter until you know where you want to go- but the adcom knows nothing about which campus you choose.

good luck on upstate!!

~smilez :)

the primary care vs everything else thing is not true the same % from both campuses go into specialties. The main difference as far as i understand is whether you want to see more (syracuse) or you want to have less residents around and be able to do more yourself. Either campus is good and in the end probaly wont make a whole lot of difference. but i am only a 2nd year and havent gottent to clinicals yet. There are email adresses availible that the admissions office will give you if they havent already of people from both campuses that are willing to answer questions about the campuses