suny

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asa5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my exam today! I was suppose to reschedule it, and tried so only yesterday not knowing i had to do it at least 48hs before. And thinking i will not take it today...i had stopped studying for a few weeks now....but i took it anyways:
QR: 330
RC: 300
BIO: 290 :(
GC: 300
OC: 340
Physics: 340
TS: 320 and AA: 320

I know for Suny Opt the avg is 320 so do you think I should take it over...my GPA is around 3.5-3.6 science and same for non-science.

Members don't see this ad.

Anything under a 300 is usually frowned upon. A 320 is ok and can probably get you into school especially with a higher GPA, but having a 290 in bio isn't really great.

i know it's a longggg test
but i would take it again
because schools in general like to see high rc scores
and i had a 310 in gc and was asked at my suny interview why that was low
but that was the the only "low" score and i think if you can explain things honestly and confidently they will look at your response to such an off-putting question favorably
gl - suny is great! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
keep in mind you have to wait 90 days before you can retake it which may set you back. You might wanna call them and ask them what they think

suny is my top choice (aka i would take a year off before going anywhere else) and im in a similar situation... my oat scores:
QR--340
Reading--280 (shoot me)
Bio--330
GenChem--320
Orgo--380
Physics--300 (i havent taken physics II yet)
TS--340
AA--330

should i re-take it? i sent my application in and havent heard from them yet about an interview.. i go to nyu with a gpa of 3.3 (but will be higher befor ei graduate). i am so nervous; please guide me, thanks everyone.

im pretty sure suny has a requirement of 300+ for all categories unless you save the vision of every person in a third world country, but definitely check to make sure

My RC was 280. Second lowest was 340. Highest was 380. GPA: 3.5ish will go up after my third (present) year and I got accepted to SUNY for 2008 class. Have research expe. since first year and plenty of EC. So don't worry too too much.

Y is SUNY your top choice?