Super late applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hellokioo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 7 schools already (second batch) and I recently retook my DAT and managed to get a better score than before (19 AA, 19 TS, 22 PAT). I decided to pay for 3 more schools today and AADSAS will probably send out my application this week but I feel it might be a bit too late. I recently added NYU, Temple and Midwestern IL.

What are my chances with these new schools that I'm just recently applying to? Also, I would like to add Howard and UDM but idk if I'm just throwing my money away by just applying this late. What do you guys think?

Just to provide a bit more of info on my stats: My oGPA and sGPA is 3.7+, +200 hours of shadowing and +300 hrs of research.

Thank you guys, any advice would help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied to 7 schools already (second batch) and I recently retook my DAT and managed to get a better score than before (19 AA, 19 TS, 22 PAT). I decided to pay for 3 more schools today and AADSAS will probably send out my application this week but I feel it might be a bit too late. I recently added NYU, Temple and Midwestern IL.

What are my chances with these new schools that I'm just recently applying to? Also, I would like to add Howard and UDM but idk if I'm just throwing my money away by just applying this late. What do you guys think?

Just to provide a bit more of info on my stats: My oGPA and sGPA is 3.7+, +200 hours of shadowing and +300 hrs of research. I'm also considered URM (minority).

Thank you guys, any advice would help!

A D1 student leading a campus tour on one of my interviews said that she applied in December. She said that she would not recommend doing so, as it was pretty stressful. However, when she did start getting interviews around mid-feb, the turn around for hearing back from the schools was super short. For instance, she would hear back whether she was accepted/rejected not even a week following an interview. Pretty nice not to have long waits :)

I have no idea what this girls stats were. Only that she went to UCLA.

A D1 student leading a campus tour on one of my interviews said that she applied in December. She said that she would not recommend doing so, as it was pretty stressful. However, when she did start getting interviews around mid-feb, the turn around for hearing back from the schools was super short. For instance, she would hear back whether she was accepted/rejected not even a week following an interview. Pretty nice not to have long waits :)

I have no idea what this girls stats were. Only that she went to UCLA.

Thank you very much for your reply. I know it's a risk and my stats are not perfect but it decided to give it a shot. I don't want to regret not applying and always wonder "what if"

Look at the schools websites to see if they post a deadline. If it doesn't say, call them tomorrow