Super Quick RC question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lintydent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the DAT RC format (ie # of articles, length, # of questions per article) similar to what is found in most practice tests (ie achiever, topscore, kaplan)? More or less than 3 articles? Shorter or longer?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe they have 3 articles with same number of questions each ! Length are same too .

I heard the lenghts are not always the same.. someone mentioned having a passage with close to 20 paragraphs in a recent test.. anyway 3 passage is standard.

3 Passages
-1st- 19 Questions (Longest)
-2nd- 15 Questions
-3rd- 16? Questions

My passages were roughly 15 paragraphs (but they were not always long paragraphs). When answering questions on the readings, the passages are right below the questions for very quick reference. I did not practice RC before going in for the DAT and I am a word-4-word SLOW reader/skimmer, I earned a 20 on RC. Take that for how you want, but I think my ability to remember where certain info is, is stronger than remembering what the information said... I had to refer back to the passage 90% of the time.