• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

museabuse

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Status
Pharmacy Student
What is the most narcotics u have ever dispensed? I was at a pharmacy and dispensed to regular, oxydose 20mg/ml #840. 6ml 5xday. And fentanyl 100mcg/hr #45 3 q48.

Pharmavixen

foxy pharmacist
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Status
Pharmacist
Methadone 840 mg daily. Pt was also on Clonazepam 12 mg daily (4 mg tid), Risperidone 8 mg daily.

One of my methadone patients, on 200 mg daily, told me confidentially he'd bought a 75mg fentanyl patch on the street and ate it on a day his back pain was especially bad (he'd become addicted to heroin after suffering a serious industrial accident about 20 years ago). I said, "Joe -- people have died doing that." He nodded thoughtfully before replying, "Yes...it was very good."

Jeddevil

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
In a van down by the river!
Status
Pharmacist
Oxycontin 80 - 9 bid #540. This guy (cancer pt) was on oxy ir also, but I don't remember what it was. I looked through his profile and he was gradually going higher every qtr or so, starting out on a ton of 40mg's, then moving up to 240 80's, 360 80's, etc. I do remember he dropped it off in the drive-thru, which I found a bit funny. Best part for him - brand oxy, $0 co-pay.

About the Ads

Old Timer

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Status
Pharmacist
MS-Contin 1800 mg every 12 hours. When I called the doctor at the local cancer hospital he informed me the patient was a heroin addict who had pancreatic cancer with bone mets and he had an extremely high tolerance for opiates.....

BravoKilo

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
Ran across this post on the Pharmacist's Letter a while back -- still amazes me...

I remember a terminally ill cancer patient in December 1999 who was on a hydromorphone PCA. This patient was using so much that we had to order hydromorphone power and compoud the PCA from it. Here's the amount:

250 mg/hour + 10 mg bolus prn(q 10-60 min? I did not make a note of that)

So if you "convert" to IV morphine that is about ~39,999 mg/day morphine not counting any bolus.
And that "converts" to ~119,997 mg/day oral morphine.

And that "converts" to ~79,998 mg/day oral oxycodone. Not sure how long he was on this.

Storm90

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2008
Canada
Status
Pharmacy Student
Methadone 280mg qd, Fentanyl patch 800mcg q48h, Morphine 2g/day infusion, hydromorphone 1600mg/day infusion. I also had a lady on Lorazepam 20mg BID. She was always snowed.

About the Ads