Supervisees and Neuropsychology Technicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

megamaramon

Board certified pediatric neuropsychologist
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. I am a pediatric neuropsychologist who uses technicians in a hospital setting. Both technicians are registered under my license. I have a colleague who is undergoing additional training and supervision in order to add neuropsychology to her statement of intent. I am her supervisor for neuropsychology work. She is a fully licensed psychologist otherwise.

Has anyone ever had a trainee supervise technicians, then supervise the trainee? Feels very "daisy chain" to me, but working with technicians is part of neuropsychology and should be an aspect of the training.

I would send the question to my state Board, but they haven't even acknowledged receipt of my last question...
 
I was involved in tiered supervision while on fellowship (i.e., I supervised a few interns and practicum students, and my supervisors supervised me; the supervisors also provided supervision directly to the trainees). It's relatively common, I'd say. Although I'm not sure how the state board sees that RE: use of technicians.