Supervisor ignored my resignation letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxglasshalffull

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, after two months of job hunting, I finally landed another job. I am leaving chain retail. :) I am a free bird! No more drive-through, no more running the pharmacy with ZERO help for hours at a time, no more being understaffed at any given moment, no more leaving my shift feeling horrible & stressed & depressed, no more abuse, no more chain retail bull****. I am not stupid, I know any job has its pros and cons, but you guys know chain retail is among, if not, the worst.

Anyway, I sent in my letter of resignation five days ago to my supervisor, who is not on vacation, and I know he saw my letter, because my schedule has been changed. However he never bothered to respond to me.

Is there anything I need to do before the end of my employment, since my supervisor clearly is not telling me anything. So I just finished my last day and leave? Is it normal not to get even the acknowledge from your boss when you're resigning???

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I do know in my state you have to send the board a notice of your new place of employment. You can maybe look in your employee handbook and see if they mention anything. If you are a floater I'd imagine you wouldn't have to do anything. If you are a staff pharmacist turn in your keys obviously.

Congrats on getting the new job and for getting out of retail. I would be extra nice and call him up just to thank him and say good bye. Play office politics is the smart thing to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on getting the new job and for getting out of retail. I would be extra nice and call him up just to thank him and say good bye. Play office politics is the smart thing to do.
I did, on my resignation letter i mentioned lots of good things about him and the district, but no response, i shouldnt have expected more, afterall, this is chain retail, everyone is easily replaceable and disposable.

Just call him/her up and ask if you have anything you need to do as part of the exit process

You should have updated your other thread! Congrats on landing the job.

I would not be overly concerned about the exit process. In my opinion, since you resigned through letter, it gives your supervisor options of calling or not calling you back. Some might call to say bye your last day on the job. Most will not. If you wanted to get a response, you should have called (and you still can) or met with him face to face. I doubt any of this will be relevant in the future. Will you use him as a reference? Do you care if you are on rehire or non rehire list with a chain you no longer care for?

You should have updated your other thread! Congrats on landing the job.

I would not be overly concerned about the exit process. In my opinion, since you resigned through letter, it gives your supervisor options of calling or not calling you back. Some might call to say bye your last day on the job. Most will not. If you wanted to get a response, you should have called (and you still can) or met with him face to face. I doubt any of this will be relevant in the future. Will you use him as a reference? Do you care if you are on rehire or non rehire list with a chain you no longer care for?

Thanks, I am gonna update the other thread lol. You mentioned some good points. I will call him when my time is up. Just to thank him again...I will probably use him as a reference, but I dont think i will be in the market for another job in the near future....

when another pharmacist sent in two weeks notice of leaving, the supervisor came to the store where she worked and totally ignored her. didn't say hi, bye, or anything.. supervisors like to ignore their staffs, thats why CVS is a mess..

when another pharmacist sent in two weeks notice of leaving, the supervisor came to the store where she worked and totally ignored her. didn't say hi, bye, or anything.. supervisors like to ignore their staffs, thats why CVS is a mess..

I heard that cvs may let you go once they receive their resignation letter. It happened to someome i know

I heard that cvs may let you go once they receive their resignation letter. It happened to someome i know
I am guessing this is only the case of a floater? I would hope they wouldn't do this with a good employee, the world of pharmacy is small and my fav line "The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow"

its also kinda crazy because floaters are getting like less than 32 hours per week, so when i gave my notice, they had NO trouble at all filling my shifts with floaters, even then those floaters covering me are STILL not getting enough hours, from what i see on their schedules

also, as pharmacists we complain all the time that we get no respect with doctors and patients, the funny thing is, we dont even get respects from our managers/supervisors and each other. its a sad sad profession. im just thankful for the easy money.

Reactions: 1 users
that would be nice, if they just let me go, i could really enjoy two weeks off before my new job starts.