Supplement Essay Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eskyesther

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If a school asked about your weakness and how has it hinder your success.
I was always told not to write a weakness that shows tat it prevents me from doing something but rather say how I am working on it to improve it or what had i learned from it and that i will not let tat stop me from succeeding ..but since it as how has it hinder my success..should I describe an weakness tat prevented me from doing something?
thx

Members don't see this ad.

I was asked this question during a job interview. I told them my weakness, how prevented or could have prevented me from succeeding at something, then told them how I worked hard to overcome my weakness.
In my opinion the adcoms will want to see your willingness to work hard so it is probably not a good idea to state how your weakness will be an obstacle without any room for improvement :)

I agree, tell them a problem you notice about yourself and your plan on how to deal with it or what steps you have been taking to try and improve. It's a tough question to answer and is meant to trick people into answering it straight on awkwardly. Whatever you do, DO NOT, DO NOT answer with "I work too hard" or "I'm a perfectionist," answers like these are so corny and tells the interviewer nothing. The point of an interview is so they get to know you better, yes there are tricks to answer some questions but you should be clever without compromising truthfulness.