supplemental application fee

Started by leah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leah

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any pharmacy schools that grant fee waivers for their supplemental application?
 
from what i know, usc, uscf, ucsd and uh....i think that's all i know. I need to know if there is a list as well because I would like to apply to those schools.
 
I find you need to call each school and ask. Make sure you talk to someone BESIDES someone at the front desk.

For example, I called Midwestern Glendale and the person told me upfront that there was no such thing as a supplemental fee waiver. But when I called again, I told them that Midwestern Chicago granted fee waivers, the person paused, asked someone else, and told me that there WAS a fee waiver. You need to have a PharmCAS fee waiver to qualify for both Midwestern schools.

I do know that Maryland does not grant fee waivers, and neither does the U of Washington.

I am in the process of calling some other schools I am interested in; why doesn't everyone post their findings.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree...You should call the schools you are interested in applying to and speaking to someone who deals with financial issues. In addition to the schools listed above, I know that if you apply to Massachusetts COP by 12/1/2009, the supp app fee is FREE. (Even if they prompt you to pay for it, don't do it if it's before this deadline. I know some people who have paid for it, but I just clicked "Fee Waive" and I got my app in for free! :]) Good luck!
 
Bump. I called and asked yet again. I mentioned that someone said he got a fee waiver, but UMD says they do not grant fee waivers under any circumstance. Clarification please?