Quantcast

supplemental application for ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmd2006

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2002
Messages
42
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
Hi, I am going to send out supplemental applications. Do I need to write additional essays for each school or PASS essay meets their requirement? Thanks for your info!
 

Budmano786

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
I'd call the program and ask. For some schools, you can simply say "see attached" and attach a copy of your personal statement. Other schools will ask more specific questions (e.g., why do you want to go here?) so you can't use the generic PASS essay.
 

Jediwendell

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
576
Reaction score
15
dmd2006 said:
Hi, I am going to send out supplemental applications. Do I need to write additional essays for each school or PASS essay meets their requirement? Thanks for your info!


You need to contact the individal programs and ask them. Geez.
 

Budmano786

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
So how are you guys filling out the supplementals? Some supplementals are editable through adobe, but some aren't. Any genius ideas about how to complete the non-editable pdf files? I heard you could do it through Adobe Professional 7.0, but when I tried it didn't work. I also tried opening the file up through photoshop, which worked great. I added in text boxes and saved the image, but when it printed the quality was horrible.

I think I'm gonna end up writing them by hand. Most of the instructions say you can do this (i.e., PRINT CLEARLY). Do you guys think its legit to do this?
 

gryffindor

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
3,003
Reaction score
310
Budmano786 said:
So how are you guys filling out the supplementals? Some supplementals are editable through adobe, but some aren't. Any genius ideas about how to complete the non-editable pdf files? I heard you could do it through Adobe Professional 7.0, but when I tried it didn't work. I also tried opening the file up through photoshop, which worked great. I added in text boxes and saved the image, but when it printed the quality was horrible.

I think I'm gonna end up writing them by hand. Most of the instructions say you can do this (i.e., PRINT CLEARLY). Do you guys think its legit to do this?

1. Bust out the old typewriter (or go buy a new one) and start typing.
2. Buy a nice pen and very very neatly handwrite the form. Have someone else handwrite it for you if your penmanship is atrocious.

I've done it both ways and gotten interviews regadless if I typed or handwrote the form, so I don't think it matters as long as it is NEAT.

I think only one form I ever came across said "TYPE only" - maybe it was UPenn?
 

Budmano786

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
griffin04 said:
1. Bust out the old typewriter (or go buy a new one) and start typing.
2. Buy a nice pen and very very neatly handwrite the form. Have someone else handwrite it for you if your penmanship is atrocious.

I've done it both ways and gotten interviews regadless if I typed or handwrote the form, so I don't think it matters as long as it is NEAT.

I think only one form I ever came across said "TYPE only" - maybe it was UPenn?

I just figured out how to do it through adobe...works really well...tried the typewriter too but I kept screwing up and got frustrated so I stopped...its so funny how much time we spend on minutia...but hey, every little bit helps I suppose
 

bsmcga0

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
105
Reaction score
22
what supplemental apps are you talking about?
thanks
 
Top