Supplemental Applications - Selectivity and Timing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentaldreams2021

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how selective are dental schools in giving out supplemental apps/secondaries? I got 3 today after submitting over the weekend but I applied to a lot more schools. And even for the 3 schools I got supplemental apps for, it was a little quick so I'm not sure if it means they're really interested in me or if it's a standard thing. How long do schools take to send out supplementals if they're interested in you?

I read in another thread that someone received a University of New England supplemental app one day after e-submitting. this was not the case for me. Is it likely I won't receive one at all then? I am a low on volunteering and I know they like that.

Thank you 🙂
 
Supplementals are sent out sometimes the day of retrieval to everybody (most schools do this) or prior to your interview invite to a select few (Maryland does this).