agolden1

5+ Year Member
May 5, 2013
Status
So I've already started receiving emails regarding supplemental apps, and when I was cruising through sf match earlier today I saw there were a handful of programs which were requesting supplemental statements of interest. I figured this could be a place where we could make a quick list of the couple schools requiring them, as well as due dates. I'll get this started....

University of Kentucky (email) - Interest in their program + 2x2 photo due 9/15
University of Minnesota (email) - Interest in their program due 9/1

tb89

5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2012
Status
Medical Student
UCSD- Interest in their program, due 10/1
Tulane- CV and 2x2 photo- unsure when due though

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I didn't get the email from UCSD or tulane, but i did apply to those programs (and my app has been distributed), is there anyone else who has (or has not) gotten the emails from those 2 programs?

Aug 16, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Can anyone comment a bit of what the supplements should be like? My understanding is that programs use the supplement as a way to see who is really interested in the program, i.e. someone who bothers to complete the supplement. Otherwise in terms of content, perhaps those with family in the area, or have done research at the institution may get preference. Is that pretty much the extent of the use of the supplements?

gregoryhouse

Head of the Department of Diagnostic Medicine
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2013
Status
Medical Student
So far just received one from Kentucky out of the 52 programs I applied to.

premed767

5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2010
Status
Medical Student
A bit of a silly question.... if a program is asking for 2 photos, should I send 2 of the same photo or 2 different photos? TIA

Jul 17, 2012
West
Status
Medical Student
A bit of a silly question.... if a program is asking for 2 photos, should I send 2 of the same photo or 2 different photos? TIA
My guess is that the two photo request originated when the supplementals were mailed in. Now that they're digital, it's probably just one photo. They'll print it twice if they need it for two separate files/reviewers.

gregoryhouse

5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Just got another from San Antonio, need a vision check

premed767

5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know how time-sensitive these supplementals are? I know there are set deadlines but is it actually like the main app and just recommended to submit ASAP?

EyingTheFuture1012

2+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Tufts- Interest in their program (less than 3 sentences)
Wash U (STL)- Interest in their program (<250 words)

Jul 17, 2012
West
Status
Medical Student
University of Arizona- Interest in their program (1 paragraph) and $10 per campus

AQ888

2+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
Univ. of Minnesota - 09/01
Univ. of Kentucky - 09/15
Univ. of San Diego - Not sure about deadline
San Antonio - Vision check
Tufts - 10/01
Wash U - 10/7

Did not receive request from Tulane. Is there anyone else that did not receive a request from Tulane ?

AQ888

2+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
I didn't get the email from UCSD or tulane, but i did apply to those programs (and my app has been distributed), is there anyone else who has (or has not) gotten the emails from those 2 programs?
I did not get one from Tulane.

gregoryhouse

5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Did you apply to the following programs: Minnesota , San Diego, San Antonio, Tufts , Wash U ?
I applied to San Antonio, Tufts, and Wash U. Received the emails from each of them but was just too lazy to update my post since other people had commented on them.

Didn't receive an email from Arizona yet though, so not sure if they are sounding those out in batches.

DrZeke

yzarc gniog ylwolS
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I applied to San Antonio, Tufts, and Wash U. Received the emails from each of them but was just too lazy to update my post since other people had commented on them.

Didn't receive an email from Arizona yet though, so not sure if they are sounding those out in batches.
I think Arizona was sent out interviews in batches my year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: gregoryhouse
Aug 25, 2016
Just realized that GWU didn't send an email, but in their SF Match description they say to send a statement of interest up to 1 page.

EyingTheFuture1012

2+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2016
Status
Medical Student
University of Arizona- Interest in their program (1 paragraph) and $10 per campus
University of Utah- Interest in their program (<1 page)

AQ888

2+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
Has anyone received any additional requests for letters of Interest ?

smileycenter

7+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Loma Linda - “Why Loma Linda U?” due 10/10.

^looks like yeux beat me to it by a few seconds haha

Last edited:

AQ888

2+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
Did anyone just receive an email from University of Arizona requesting a check for 10 dollars and a paragraph about interest in their program? It seems strange that I received this request 2 weeks later than everyone else here.

Last edited:
Reactions: EyingTheFuture1012

gregoryhouse

5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Did anyone receive an email from University of Arizona requesting a check for 10 dollars ? They are calling it secondary application fee! That seems strange!!
I got one too. Someone earlier in this thread got a similar one. Strange they emailed so far apart.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
The UCSD one you are supposed to find on your own as a secret test of your interest in the program. Thanks to SDN it is now a test of one's ability to check SDN.