Supplemental Apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abc6

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am currently applying. All of the schools I am applying to require supplemental applications, except for Midwestern. That is Mississippi SU, WSU, OSU, CSU, U Missouri, U Illinois, U Arizona. I'm wondering how thorough the supplemental essays have to be, and if I should give them the same time I'm giving for my personal statement. Obviously, I'm going to write the essays so it can give the reader a better image of who I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't see where illinois had a supplemental application? and isn't OSU sent out after the deadline of Sept. 15th?

It’s not feasible to devote the same amount of time to each supplemental question as to your personal statement. Many of them will be similar questions across schools, so writing broad answers and then tweaking accordingly will go a long way. You want them to be polished and representative but they will also have shorter character limits and the idea is not a full essay for every question.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't see where illinois had a supplemental application? and isn't OSU sent out after the deadline of Sept. 15th?
It’s not feasible to devote the same amount of time to each supplemental question as to your personal statement. Many of them will be similar questions across schools, so writing broad answers and then tweaking accordingly will go a long way. You want them to be polished and representative but they will also have shorter character limits and the idea is not a full essay for every question.
Hi there, thank you for your response! I'm so done with writing essays haha :dead:

Sorry, you're right that illinois doesn't have a supplemental app! As for OSU, you can work on the apps right now if that's what you mean!

Reactions: 1 user