Supplemental essay question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I got a quick question about this supplemental:

Why did you participate in the volunteer activities you listed in the Clinical, Volunteer and Community Service section? What did you gain from participating in these activities?

So when it refers to clinical, is it addressing the dental experiences section on AADSAS? Can I talk about my shadowing experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I think they are referring just to what you listed in the previous section on the supplemental app.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be fine to center the topic around dentistry, in the way that engaging in volunteer/community service have motivated/inspired/prepared me for dentistry?

I would be careful in straying away from what they are specifically asking for.

I would be careful in straying away from what they are specifically asking for.
That's true. Do you think it would be more appropriate to mention how these volunteer and community experiences will help me in dentistry, rather than making dentistry the focal point? for example, when I am writing about my volunteer experience in the hospital, I want to address the point that I valued having experience and exposure with working with a diversity of individuals, which obviously will help in dentistry, but I don't want them to think I'm more interested in medicine you know? I just want to tie my experiences back to dentistry if appropriate/applicable.

Just interested in this because of how it says "why" you listed the experiences in the prior section, you know?

Last edited: