Supplemental essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farcus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I'm trying to start on my supplementals well I'm having problem as to what to answer and how to answer it. Is the supplemental essay suppose to be in personal statement format? I mean most of these essay are really really short at max 1000 characters so I mean what are we suppose to write? They mostly ask why you would like to join this school well the biggest reason is because most of the schools i'm applying is relatively close to where my college is at. What are you guys saying? this is harder than the pharmcas essay which is so much more straight forward.

Members don't see this ad.

The pharmcas essay is your personal statement. This is where you should write why you want to be a pharmacist, what would make you a good pharmacist, any personal struggles you want to share, etc. Whatever you feel your personal statement should contain. It is a general essay for all the pharmacy schools. The supplemental will ask you more specific questions, and will be specific to that school. I wouldn't put why you want to attend a certain college in your personal statement in pharmcas. I wouldn't worry too much about repeating yourself if you already touched on the questions they ask in the personal statement. See the supplemental as your opportunity to say more. Because, the essay on pharmcas has a limit of about 1.5 pages. As far being in essay format, if there isn't enough room to write an essay then I would say just a paragraph to answer the question.

You already got your supplemental applications? My schools are supposed to email me, but I haven't gotten anything yet... I e-submitted about 2 weeks ago. Should I worry?

Members don't see this ad :)
some schools have the same year round, and a few I asked other people that have received it and just started to work on it early since I know i wouldn't have time with my schedule in fall.

You already got your supplemental applications? My schools are supposed to email me, but I haven't gotten anything yet... I e-submitted about 2 weeks ago. Should I worry?

I wouldn't worry because PharmCAS hasn't sent out our application to our designated schools yet. After that, then I'll be waiting for a supplemental application to be sent from Midwestern in Downers Grove if I meet their requirements.

I'd use the supplimental to clarify your PS statement, or bring up anything else you think is worth mentioning. However, it depends on the prompt so I'm pretty much generalizing atm.