supplemental essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fujitsux

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..

For the supplemental essay, I notice the common question would be "why do you pick this school?" Can distance and family be the reasons or is that too immature? For those who have been accepted, what are your reasons? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys..

For the supplemental essay, I notice the common question would be "why do you pick this school?" Can distance and family be the reasons or is that too immature? For those who have been accepted, what are your reasons? Thank you

I think there's no problem listing those as reasons for attending a school as long as they aren't the only ones. That question came up in two of my interviews and I mentioned how family was really important to me and I didn't want to be across the country from them as one of my reasons. I got accepted to both schools so I would definately say its not a deal breaker, just make sure you have other reasons that are more focused on the strenghts of the program, etc.