Supplemental Essays ask Q's Covered in your Personal Statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

russellang

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am writing my missouri supplemental essays and they ask questions that I cover in my personal statement. I do not have anything further to add and would be simply rewording the paragraphs in my vmcas personal statment. Is this acceptable?

Thank you
 
Acceptable? Sure, anything is acceptable.
In your best interest? Definitely not.
I would cut the material out of your personal statement and use the space for something else that shows you in a good light.
At worst, expand on in in your supplemental.

The space you are afforded to make an impression is pretty limited and unless the point is really crucial no sense to duplicate it.
 
If I remember correctly...

Mizzou had 4 questions? What makes you unique, why vet med, ethical question (animal use in teaching/research), and I forgot what the other one was.

Obviously you address what makes you special and the why vet med in your PS, but most people feel like there isn't enough room in the PS. SOV is right-- use the space to your advantage! I told a story about getting mauled by a cat in one of mine. It didn't make the cut for my PS, but it was a good story for the message I was trying to send.

Sure I said similar things, but the message is the same regardless of what you're writing about-- I am someone who will make a good veterinarian, so let me into your school. Keep reiterating that in as many ways as you can.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for the advice, I will come up with other qualities to add in.

I have a really stupid question. On the questions they say "Note: You are limited to 24 lines of no more than 80 characters each (spaces included)."

I took that as meaning 24 x 80=1920 characters with spaces total. However, I put in one of my essays which was over this amount and it saved it so I am not quite sure what they mean by the length requirement.

Thank you
 
Thank you so much for the advice, I will come up with other qualities to add in.

I have a really stupid question. On the questions they say "Note: You are limited to 24 lines of no more than 80 characters each (spaces included)."

I took that as meaning 24 x 80=1920 characters with spaces total. However, I put in one of my essays which was over this amount and it saved it so I am not quite sure what they mean by the length requirement.

Thank you

I think it saves it, but it will be chopped off if you submit it that way.