Supplemental Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jbrown007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I just have a quick question regarding supplemental applications...... I spent quite a while working on my Pharmcas essay. I was wondering if it is appropriate to send that same essay to some of the pharmacy schools as my supplemental essay. For example, a school such as Tuoro.

Please describe those personal characteristics you feel make you stand out as an individual.

Question is very similar to what i answered for pharmcas.
Thanks for your time

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All,
I just have a quick question regarding supplemental applications...... I spent quite a while working on my Pharmcas essay. I was wondering if it is appropriate to send that same essay to some of the pharmacy schools as my supplemental essay. For example, a school such as Tuoro.

Please describe those personal characteristics you feel make you stand out as an individual.

Question is very similar to what i answered for pharmcas.
Thanks for your time

Well, I'm not applying to Touro, but one of my supplementals has almost the same question. It sounds like they want you to address your personal qualities, not necessarily your path to pharmacy & career goals like the PharmCAS essay. I'm sure you can use some of the same themes, but I wouldn't cut & paste. And think of it this way, if you use the same essay, you're missing an opportunity to let the admissions committee get to know you as an applicant. Hope that helps. Good luck!