supplemental materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazy8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that a lot of schools request additional information at the same time you submit your app through aadsas.

What is the protocol for this? For example, Do I send my college a letter (stating that I just applied, etc...) for them to enclose along with my transcript that they send to the dental schools? Or do I just have my school send them just my transcripts?

I am confused because they will get this info long before my apps so how would they know who I am?

And, for the things that I need to send them, I am assuming that I enclose the material with a cover letter expalining that I just applied via aadsas?

Thanks,
c8

Members don't see this ad.

I mailed all the supplemental materials (checks, photos, secondary sheets, transcripts) pretty much the same day I submitted my AADSAS. I didn't include a cover letter explaining that I just applied, etc. I'm sure your schools will make a file for you when they receive your materials from you even though they haven't received your AADSAS application. I think they will assume you are a 2005 applicant.

So in response to your question, I think having a cover letter doesn't hurt you but it shouldn't be necessary. I think it's safe for your school to just send your transcript without a cover letter.