Supplemental Questions???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdpt15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if their is a character limit on the supplemental questions? Is it 4500 characters, the same as the standard essay? Also, if you can answer the question in half that many characters do you think it's ok for it to be a shorter response?

Members don't see this ad.

YES. On the one I did, ATStill, it was 4500 character. FUnny the school and PTCAS could not ans. that when I called. I would suppose if you can say more w/ less it is OK. I always end up having to shorten things. 4500 characters is only about one page typed.

I think it depends on the school. They don't say how many characters are allowed until you go over the limit I think. That's what happened to me at least with Emory's supplemental. one of them was 1200 characters, and it showed up after I put in my response and was over the limit. So I think unless it tells you at some point, I would say there is no particular limit. Although some of the questions do require you to take some time and formulate a well thought out answer that ends up being around 4500 characters (i.e. the autobiography that some schools require). Hope that helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I agree that some answers will be longer than others but I don't want to repeat myself either, so that's a problem I'm running into with UNC's supplemental questions.

For UIC, they limit their's to 35,000 :p... thats a few pages right there. I'm really nervous for that one haha.

I think that for UIC it says "Physical Therapy applicants type n/a". Am I reading that correctly on their supplemental app??