1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Supplemental Questions???

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by cdpt15, Aug 18, 2011.

1. cdpt15

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Does anyone know if their is a character limit on the supplemental questions? Is it 4500 characters, the same as the standard essay? Also, if you can answer the question in half that many characters do you think it's ok for it to be a shorter response?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Litlwarrior08

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    YES. On the one I did, ATStill, it was 4500 character. FUnny the school and PTCAS could not ans. that when I called. I would suppose if you can say more w/ less it is OK. I always end up having to shorten things. 4500 characters is only about one page typed.

4. jchen707

5+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    I think it depends on the school. They don't say how many characters are allowed until you go over the limit I think. That's what happened to me at least with Emory's supplemental. one of them was 1200 characters, and it showed up after I put in my response and was over the limit. So I think unless it tells you at some point, I would say there is no particular limit. Although some of the questions do require you to take some time and formulate a well thought out answer that ends up being around 4500 characters (i.e. the autobiography that some schools require). Hope that helps

5. cdpt15

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Thanks! I agree that some answers will be longer than others but I don't want to repeat myself either, so that's a problem I'm running into with UNC's supplemental questions.

6. Corks

5+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    For UIC, they limit their's to 35,000 :p... thats a few pages right there. I'm really nervous for that one haha.

7. Kensington1

5+ Year Member

I think that for UIC it says "Physical Therapy applicants type n/a". Am I reading that correctly on their supplemental app??