Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Supplemental

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by rowerpharm, Dec 13, 2008.

1. rowerpharm

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    If a school asks you on a supplemental application to list other pharmacy schools you are considering, should you list all of the schools you are applying to, or just the ones you would really like to attend - like top 3 or something?

I'm obviously interested in all of the schools I am applying to, but of course I have a few that I would like to attend more than others.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Storm90

Storm90 Accepted Pharmacy Student
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I don't think it's fair to ask an applicant what other schools you're applying to. If it asked me that on one of my supplementals, I'd be contacting the school and asking what the significance of this question is to my application. If they asked me, I'd say yes (since it's true), because I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak. I also wouldn't specify which programs because it's none of their business. You're already paying for applying, supplementals, etc, and interview (if necessary), so there's no reason for them to know the answer.

4. cinnamoroll12

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I know Mercer and Univ of Oklahoma asked this question on the supplemental. I just listed all the schools because I was afraid that they could track the schools down through PharmCAS and it might seem too good to be true if I said I wasn't going to apply to any other schools.