supplementary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shan10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if essays are included in the supplementary application for mercer, midwester, university of md, and buffalo?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if essays are included in the supplementary application for mercer, midwester, university of md, and buffalo?

Only one way to find out... Go to the school's site and take a look at their supplemental application.

i did and some of the schools say they will send the supplementary apps after i submit my application but i want to know beforehand :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)

I know there is an essay on the supplemental app. for mecer.

essays for MW and you will need a CV also.

It's pretty ridiculous all the essays we have to write, especially if you are applying to 10+ schools. For instance, write an essay on why you want to attend our school. Well honestly I don't care what school I attend, I'm sure their all great. Why don't you just read my PharmCAS essay that will tell you all you need to know right now and leave the ding dong questions for the interview. Shiza!

It's pretty ridiculous all the essays we have to write, especially if you are applying to 10+ schools. For instance, write an essay on why you want to attend our school. Well honestly I don't care what school I attend, I'm sure their all great. Why don't you just read my PharmCAS essay that will tell you all you need to know right now and leave the ding dong questions for the interview. Shiza!

The out of State schools are not so bad. The essays are short and straight to a point. It's the CA schools that are giving me trouble with their lengthy elaborate essays. :)

The out of State schools are not so bad. The essays are short and straight to a point. It's the CA schools that are giving me trouble with their lengthy elaborate essays. :)

That's another thing. What's up with CA schools? Why are they so hard to get into and why do you guys want to go there when it costs more than double the amount of other schools? Some of the rates I have seen are like $50,000 a year just for tuition nothing else included! It would be nice to spend a few years in CA, but I would rather not be paying off loans until I'm 95 years old!

That's another thing. What's up with CA schools? Why are they so hard to get into and why do you guys want to go there when it costs more than double the amount of other schools? Some of the rates I have seen are like $50,000 a year just for tuition nothing else included! It would be nice to spend a few years in CA, but I would rather not be paying off loans until I'm 95 years old!

Mainly it's because of location. Western and USC are closest to home, so it's just my preference of being close to family (fyi, I'd been away from home during undergrad). Also, nothing beats the weather down here in Socal. :cool:

Who said we want to stay here ? :) Lol There is only 2 schools that will make me stay. Otherwise, I'm moving out wherever I get accepted that offers my desired program.

You mean like....UCSF? The five questions for this year are exactly the same from last years. I haven't each touched those essays yet, but since they don't have rolling admission I'm going to wait until the end of this month and focus on the others. I noticed that some of the supplementals for out-of-states are simple as just filling out your name and address with no essays to attach to.

You mean like....UCSF? The five questions for this year are exactly the same from last years. I haven't each touched those essays yet, but since they don't have rolling admission I'm going to wait until the end of this month and focus on the others. I noticed that some of the supplementals for out-of-states are simple as just filling out your name and address with no essays to attach to.

Yeah, exactly. I have all my essays from last year saved up too, but after working on my writing skills and talking to admissions people, I realize that my supplemental essays were rather weak last year in the sense that they didn't explain well my story, my grades, etc. There are chunks of information missing, like ECs I didn't put down because I thought they were irrelevant or goofy, so I have to re-write everything. :)