Supplies needed for medical school

Started by RaidenXVC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RaidenXVC

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be an incoming M1 this August, and I want to gradually purchase the things I'll need for the first two years so I can look for sales and such, and I Just wanted some input on weather or not I have forgotten anything. My school provides a diagnostic kit, stethoscope, and one pair of scrubs I believe. I'm not sure if they provide anything else.

So here it is:
  • The cheapest pair of scrubs I can find (to be discarded after finishing anatomy)
  • Heavy duty stapler
  • Heavy duty 3 hole punch
  • Printer
  • New computer (mine is 4 years old and getting pretty slow)
  • Router
  • Mr. Coffee coffee pot
  • Single cup drip coffee filter
  • Bose QuietComfort 25 Noise Cancelling Headphones
  • Name tag for stethoscope
  • Netters anatomy
  • Grant's dissector
  • Furnature, dishes, etc. for new apartment
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Before you buy that expensive A** headphones, make sure you can actually utilize it. I bought it for my fiance like an idiot I am, and he was having lots of vertigo / nausea from it. Had to return it.