titan3035

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Provo Utah
Visit site
Status
Okay, this is kind of a lame question but I’m perplexed. I’m currently graduated and waiting patiently for this app. cycle. My local school (UNLV) had 50% off on their UNLV dental school hoodie sweatshirts, stoked I picked one up. Now I’m having a hard time wearing it because I feel like I look like a poser wearing a UNLV dental shirt when I haven’t even been accepted yet. (cross my fingers) What do you guys think?

paolorossifan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
A very interesting question. Personally I would have waited until getting in and confirming your going to a school, but hey whos gonna tell.....

dWiz

...ndn...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
ok, by far the lamest thread ever made, ur askin ppl if u should wear a sweat shirt or not? i mean who cares man? noone......except that one guy

OP
T

titan3035

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Provo Utah
Visit site
Status
dWiz said:
ok, by far the lamest thread ever made, ur askin ppl if u should wear a sweat shirt or not? i mean who cares man? noone......except that one guy
I'm just trying to break the monotony. I'm a sdn addict and am so sick of reading the same type of posts all day everyday. i wish there was a sdn rehab.

paolorossifan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
dWiz said:
"that one guy", now thats friggin funny!

umc27

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 24, 2004
Status
I think the real problem is that if you wear the sweatshirt before you are accepted, you run the risk of jinxing yourself.

airvent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
Status
If folks find out that you are not really admitted, they will think you are a psycho like that one guy who lied to everyone that he was a Med student then killed his wife

OP
T

titan3035

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Provo Utah
Visit site
Status
airvent said:
If folks find out that you are not really admitted, they will think you are a psycho like that one guy who lied to everyone that he was a Med student then killed his wife
thanks guys

OP
T

titan3035

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Provo Utah
Visit site
Status
airvent said:
This is why i asked the question. when i bought the sweetshirt i didnt feel weird about it at all, i have many different university clothing items, i wear them because i like their school or team. I've never been to ahrvard yet a have a harvard hoodie... never a problem until now. I guess i'm gonna retire it until i get in - if i get in.

ScorpiORTHO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2005
Status
Just wear it...if anyone asks...say you want to be a dentist and you really like their school!

crazy8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2004
Status
Nendo21 said:
wear it and if you don't send it to me! lol
Either A) burn it or
B) go all the way...get the window sticker fro your car.

nendo21- where are you heading in the fall btw?

Nendo21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
Status
crazy8 said:
Either A) burn it or
B) go all the way...get the window sticker fro your car.

nendo21- where are you heading in the fall btw?
I HAVE NO CLUE!!! no one wants me so far... :thumbdown:

StL_to_Boston

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Status
After my interview at UMKC they gave us each a nice long-sleeved tshirt, then a week later they sent another shirt with the "how was your interview" survey...

I gave one to my fiance, kept one for myself, and neither of us wore them until the day I got my acceptance.

It was fun because as soon as my friends at school saw my shirt they were all so congratulatory...

Noroozi

15+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Status
This is really funny but I do the same thing. I wear a cap that says Temple Dental. Not accepted yet. Called them today and asked for status, STILL under review...

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
if you wear it and then people find out you weren't accepted its gonna look like you were way too ahead of yourself. i feel so ******ed now b/c i asked around about housing and stuff for umich ahead of time b/c i though i was a definite in, and now i haven't gotten in and probably won't :smuggrin:

AnnaF

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
you aren't a poser. if you go to another school and still wear the school's sweatshirt then we can discuss posing.
good luck to you!
p.s. i also would be afraid of jinxing myself.

bouncy_ball

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2004
Status
dWiz said:
Personally, my favorite threads are the lame ones. :thumbup: And apparently, it's everyone else's favorite... there's like 19 replies. :laugh: The lamer the better. :love: