Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to decide which schools to apply to, and I can't visit them all! I did visit ICO recently, and was happy to hear the student tour guide explain how supportive the teachers are. This does not mean that they pass people who don't deserve it, but that they care about the success of their students. Examples are helping students outside of normal office hours, or supplying class notes to students, so they can focus on the lecture and just write side-notes. As the students prepare for their first board exams, the faculty provides them with study material.
In contrast, I've heard (from one person, who did not attend) that SUNY is not a friendly school, that students are very competitive with one another, and the teachers are not supportive. I'd like to find out from a student, or someone who visited the school, if her impression is true.
I've only had a few teachers who frankly did not care how poor their teaching was, or how complex the material. If I pay a huge amount of money to be taught a subject, I would like to be taught well, and by teachers who care.
The schools I'm most interested in at present are: ICO, Indiana, Southern, Alabama, Berkeley, SUNY, St. Louis, and Nova. If anyone has information to share, (including for schools I'm not looking at yet) I'd really appreciate it!
In contrast, I've heard (from one person, who did not attend) that SUNY is not a friendly school, that students are very competitive with one another, and the teachers are not supportive. I'd like to find out from a student, or someone who visited the school, if her impression is true.
I've only had a few teachers who frankly did not care how poor their teaching was, or how complex the material. If I pay a huge amount of money to be taught a subject, I would like to be taught well, and by teachers who care.
The schools I'm most interested in at present are: ICO, Indiana, Southern, Alabama, Berkeley, SUNY, St. Louis, and Nova. If anyone has information to share, (including for schools I'm not looking at yet) I'd really appreciate it!