Surgery journals

Started by surgicane
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

surgicane

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question for residents/attendings:

Any recommendations for some good quality surgical journals to subscribe to during residency? I am beginning to feel that Maxim and Sports Illustrated might be leaving some bare areas in my education.....

Any suggestions appreciated.
 
Join the candidate group of the Amer. College of Surgeons. Its ~ $20 I think & it includes a subscr. to the Journal of the ACS which otherwise costs ~ $200/yr.

I think you can still get Archives of Surgery for free as a resident (I think they will comp. anyone in training). Surgical Rounds & Contemporary Surgery are also available for free.