surgery programs in New England

Started by redsox
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

redsox

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would appreciate any info that new or recently matched 4th yr students, or gen surgery residents might have regarding programs in New England. I am trying to determine which programs I will be competitive for and if there are any programs I will be wasting my time applying to. I rank somewhere in the 25%-50% of my class and scored a 231 on step 1. Any info would be greatly appreciated especially from those who recently matched in New England. Thanks.
 
Not to hijack your thread, but...I too have some of the same questions. Anyone know anything about UMass, UConn, or Brown surgery residencies regarding difficulty matching, breadth of surgical exposure, or any other info. I am a New England native and have thought about a possible return for residency.

Anyone with any insight on the above or other programs in New England, your feedback would be appreciated.

Go Red Sox! *I wish I could say Go Celtics! As an aside, though I haven't seen it in person since the change to the "Green Monster", but doesn't it look like a crazy, drunk fan reaching for a home run ball could easily fall over the edge and land in left field?