Surgical Handbook for surgical intern, future Urology Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalf

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I would like a piece of advice....what HANDBOOK should I use for my surgical intern year? And why ?
I would like something to help me survive clinical management mostly, not to ace pimping questions

Most suggested among gen surg residents are: mont reid, surgical oncall, washington manual of surgery...any other?

Members don't see this ad.

pocket surgery. But take this with a grain of salt. Im just a med student. I think if you also get pocket medicine to cover IM stuff that you might see you should be set

Hello! I would like a piece of advice....what HANDBOOK should I use for my surgical intern year? And why ?
I would like something to help me survive clinical management mostly, not to ace pimping questions

Most suggested among gen surg residents are: mont reid, surgical oncall, washington manual of surgery...any other?

I'm an ENT resident, and I used surgical oncall and washington manual of surgery as an intern. Both are pretty solid clinical books. I didn't have to take Absite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, both of you!