Survey based on personality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supervic8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few months ago, someone (maybe doctormom?) posted a really cool website that asked you lots of questions and matched your personality to a specific field/specialty of medicine. I've been trying to search for it and google it and can't find it. I think I remember it didnt' really have its own thread and was just kinda thrown out there. Does anyone have it bookmarked?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I picked up an excellent book on choosing a specialty. It's called "The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty" It's in the Lange series and the main author is Brian Freeman,MD. It covers every specialty, and goes in depth about the residency, what the different fellowships are in each field, personality types and physical attributes fit well with what, why go into that field, etc. It also covers the history behind the specialization of medicine as we know it today. It also states the match rates of allopathic and osteopathic students in allopathic residencies, and what you should look to do to obtain certain spots from the first day of medical school. It even talks about how to go about matching if you're in a relationship with another med student. I highly recommend it because it is quite informative, and I haven't seen a more in depth book about choosing a specialty.

the specialty book does also touch on the meyer's briggs. It recommends to take it as well. However, going over the general categories, I am a INFJ (introverted-intuitive-feeling-judging) and the areas that the book recommends for me are psychiatry, internal medicine, thoracic surgery, general surgery, or pathology. It's kind of fun to see what the book recommends for all the different combinations.

oh, thank goodness it ranked family medicine as my #1. The LECOM Primary Care Scholars application included a shorter version of this survery and I was afraid it would reveal I'm subconsicously suited for some sub-specialty or something. :laugh: Looks like I did okay:thumbup:

Why's your child frowning?

The child must have just figured out that there are some really annoying people in this world and that there's precious little one can do but just accept it.

The child must have just figured out that there are some really annoying people in this world and that there's precious little one can do but just accept it.

It's a hard lesson. ;)

Getting back to topic, I'm an INFP, and those websites are telling me IM and Psych, which is pretty much where I'm planning on going.

It's a hard lesson. ;)

Getting back to topic, I'm an INFP, and those websites are telling me IM and Psych, which is pretty much where I'm planning on going.

Same with me. I'm also interested in FM, which, according to those websites, doesn't fit as well with INFP.

INTJ or ISTJ that is the question (almost 50%:50%). Personality wise I guess I suit multiple specialities. Apparently the survey believes that neurology suits me the best (o_O... I would have never guessed that) with Family Practice and Peds following close behind. At least I the second choice is what I want to go into. ^_^

Why's your child frowning?

Haha. I originally had this picture captioned as "the baby santa forgot". Actually, his mouth just naturally turns down as does mine and my mother's. It's a curse because my whole like I've had people saying to me, "what's wrong?" when I'm just sitting there. We're a family of natural frowners. :( :thumbup: :laugh: