Survey: Estimated Tuition/Cost of Attendance/Debt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luchthept

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a great idea to create this thread for those who have already been accepted into a DPT program and have decided where they want to go. Basically, you post the estimated costs of your program based on any information provided for your school, how you plan on paying for it, etc. This is so that others can get an idea of the average cost of a DPT program, whether their cost of attendance is high or low, or just to kinda see what their peers are paying. I'll start.

Program Attending: Hampton University
Tuition Costs: ~95000+ for entire program (approx. 13k per semester)
Housing: expected 36k-50k (rent available anywhere b/w 1000-1300 for 1bd/1ba)
Total Cost of Attendance: probably close to 150k, give or take. Not including fees or personal expenses.
I plan on taking out mainly loans and hopefully getting some help from my parents

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Program Attending: Sacramento State
Tuition Costs: ~85,000+ for entire program
Housing: I am living with my parents so luckily I don't have to factor this cost in.
Total Costs: probably around $90,000 or more depending on transportation costs and books
I am taking out loans for the most part, with my grandparents giving me a little money on the side to help out.

I thought it would be a great idea to create this thread for those who have already been accepted into a DPT program and have decided where they want to go. Basically, you post the estimated costs of your program based on any information provided for your school, how you plan on paying for it, etc. This is so that others can get an idea of the average cost of a DPT program, whether their cost of attendance is high or low, or just to kinda see what their peers are paying. I'll start.

Program Attending: Hampton University
Tuition Costs: ~85000+ for entire program (approx. 13k per semester with tuition increasing each year)
Housing: expected 36k-50k (rent available anywhere b/w 1000-1300 for 1bd/1ba)
Total Cost of Attendance: probably close to 150k, give or take. Not including fees or personal expenses.
I plan on taking out mainly loans and hopefully getting some help from my parents
I'd really try to get a much cheaper rent or roommate. You are going into a scary amount of debt, and no reason to be paying that much rent anywhere as a student!

Members don't see this ad :)
USAHS -CA campus
Cost of attendance: $223,982
I plan on taking out 140K in loans For tuition, health insurance, transportation, personal expenses but will be living rent free with a relative.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Program Attending: State School in the Midwest
Program Cost: 101,000 for entire program
Living: 400-500/month = $17-18,000
Total: Probably around $120k. Will be applying for a lot of scholarships that are available to second and third year students next year.

Program cost: $90,000
living at home so no rent or other expenses

Mayo clinic here
Program: ~100k
Housing: At least $900-1000 or more since I'll need a place that accepts big dogs and will need to pay pet rent, most likely. And the dogs can be a lot, though I think they're awesome, so I'm not counting on having roommates for sure.
Total cost is going to creep up towards 200k in loans, but I'm not worried. I trust myself to figure things out, and I've got plans for repayment. Everyone gets concerned about loans, and I get it, but I've been in way worse situations than even the most crushing debt and I choose to love what I'm doing. I'm glad I'm going into debt, because it means I'm choosing a life I actually want to live instead of the one that had me killing myself. Money is just money- you can make more, but you'll never be able to spend enough to make yourself happy if you're not satisfied with what you do every day. :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
Program: Regis University
Tuition/Fees: $99,000
Housing: $36,000 (33-month program, Denver prices)
Total Cost of Attendance: $135,000 (Likely $150,000 with clinicals, misc. fees, etc.)
Payment Plan: Gov. loans, scholarships, and financial support from a spouse

Last edited: